Here’s What You Need To Gain Control At The End Of Life

What happens if you are incapacitated? Who speaks for you?

How will your assets be distributed? Who decides?

What kind of care do you want at the end of your life?

These are questions that you should have answered by now. And you should have made arrangements to have the proper documents in place to get what you want.

A story on lists the documents that you will need.

They include:

  • Advance Health Care Directive. It gives power to a person you designate to make decisions for you if you can’t speak for yourself.
  • Physicians Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment. It replaces the old DNR or Do Not Resuscitate order and is signed by your doctor based on your wishes. It is not applicable in every state.
  • Durable Power of Attorney. It allows someone access to your finances to pay your bills.
  • It says how you want your estate distributed.
  • Trusts. There are a number of types of trusts that allow you to avoid the time-consuming probate process.
  • Written Final Arrangements. It spells out what you want – a burial or cremation, for example.

In addition, you should have a central place for all your documents or a document telling family members where they can find such items.

If you have questions about estate planning, feel free to call us for a consultation at (626) 696-3145.

Request A Consultation

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.